February 8, 2016
From Moosonee, Ontario and member of the Moose Cree First Nation, hip-hop artist Shibastik (Chris G. Sutherland) creatives positive and empowering native music for listeners of all ages and backgrounds. Shibastik has been releasing music independently since 1998. He changed the message of his music after becoming a father and seeing the negative influences mainstream hip-hop had on him as a youth. Shibastik’s most recent work, which focuses on awareness and appreciation for both the land and First Nation culture, has helped him develop the “Healing Through Hip Hop” tour/workshop, “a unique and empowering presentation, Healing Through Hip Hop’s ‘Native Class’ school assembly blends live music, artwork, and storytelling to promote cultural awareness, traditional values, and the seven sacred teachings”.
Artist (Song) Album
- Robbie Robertson (The Sound Is Fading) Contact from the Underworld of Redboy
- Nadjiwan (Only After) Only After – Single
- Cris Derksen (I See/Icy Water) The Collapse
- Phantom Balance (Gone) Loser
- Boogey The Beat (Mother Earth) Mother Earth – Single
- Shibastik (Fire & Water) Fire & Water – Single
- Shibastik feat. LightningCloud (Skins) Skins – Single
- Shibastik (Hand Drum) Hand Drum – Single
- Janet Panic (Sweet Music) Most of What Follows Is True..
- Bobby Bullet (Human Brother) Justice In Time
- Dawn Avery (Two Spirit) 50 Shades of Red